Step Two, Week Two: July 1st, 2020
Yellow workbook pages 44 – 50 OR Big Red Book (BRB) pages 130 – 135
Recommended weekly reading:
“The Laundry List” or “The Problem,” “The Solution,” and “The Promises” on pages 587-591 of the Red Book or in the first several pages of the yellow workbook;
“The Twelve Steps” on pages 91-92 of the Red Book (also on pages 1-2 of the workbook); and
“The Twelve Traditions” on page 592 of the Red Book
Suggested supplemental reading:
Tradition Seven (the tradition for the month of July) in detail starting on Red Book page 522
The Step Two chapter of “A Codependent’s Guide To The Twelve Steps” by Melody Beattie (available used on Amazon.com for around $4.00 USD.)* See ACAWSO’s Literature Policy: “It has always been accepted that ACA should remain eclectic in choosing literature. That is, ACA meetings may draw from various sources without censorship.”
“Days of Healing, Days of Joy: Daily Meditations for Adult Children” by Earnie Larson and Carol Larson Hegarty (available used on Amazon.com for around $4.00 USD.)* See ACAWSO’s Literature Policy: “It has always been accepted that ACA should remain eclectic in choosing literature. That is, ACA meetings may draw from various sources without censorship.”
This week’s step study questions are found on page 51 of the yellow workbook under the heading “Step Two Questions and Directions”:
7. What messages did my parents or relatives use to invalidate my perceptions?
8. Did I numb my feelings or dissociate when my parents cursed, criticized or mistreated me?
9. Do I say I feel insane when in reality I am avoiding naming my feelings?
10. Do I secretly believe I am insane or believe I have an incurable brain disorder?
11. Did my parents abandon me by telling me I was emotionally ill or unstable?
12. Do I feel “crazy” but keep my feelings inside and never talk about such thoughts?
"Copyrighted by Adult Children of Alcoholics World Service Organization."